Gering Memorial Chapel was founded by Edward and Otto Prohs in 1914 as Prohs Brothers Hardware, Plumbing, Furniture and Undertaking. William Prohs joined the firm later when the location was at the north end of Prohs Furniture Gallery on 10th Street.
Rosella Boley purchased the funeral home in 1944. A new facility was constructed at our present location on the corner of 11th and R Streets in 1947. C. Stewart and Ruth Dennis purchased the firm in 1953 and owned it until the merger with Dugan-Kramer Funeral Chapel in 1970. The facility was extensively remodeled in the early 1990s.